Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Unit 2 - Event

World War I
World War I was a global conflict that primarily took place in Europe and it lasted from 1914 to 1918. Millions of people died and it largely defined the 20th Century.The war was between the Allied Powers(France,Russia,the UK,Italy and the US) and the Central Powers(Austria-Hungary,Germany, and the Ottoman Empire.The main cause of the War was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand which led to Austria declaring War on Serbia.

World War I caused many changes to life in the 20th Century.It brought in many changes such as the increase in products being made in the world, war for the first time was fought in the air, and the danger of chemical warfare.The outcome of World War I was an important factor in the development of World War II due to Treaty of Versailles which forced Germany to take all the blame for the war and have to pay all the costs.

World War I was the reason for many of the worlds best changes and some of the worst.Without World War I technology would have taken longer to develop but it destroyed most of Europe,killed thousands of people, and caused the even worse World War II.If World War I hadn't happend technology would have taken longer to expand but many lives could have been saved.

No comments: